Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Okay, so today's topic is going to be karats. That is how many karats does a man need to buy in order to make his future wife feel good. I thought about this subject at great length. I have also seen many of beautiful women in a variety of places with some of the most fantastic jewel stones that I have ever seen, and the first thing that comes to mind is, "what does her husband do for a living"? Now i am no Jacob the jeweler, but I dont know that the ring that your wife wears is a direct reflection of you as a man/ husband. I mean in this world were your woman is likley to get hit on everyday of her life, it places some sense of security in the heart of the man to know that he has sent out a representation of what he is capable of providing for his loved one.

So now I am going to flip the topic and clue you into the conversation and theory that the woman that I love has created and adopted as her own. She and her BFF, for those who dont know this means best friend forever, came up with a scientific calculation that details the size/ weight of the engagement ring. The breakdown goes as follows

One year = 1 karat
each month = .83333 of 1 karat

This calculation includes the engagement time as well. So if you are with a woman for a year, and you propose to her after that year date, you are required to provide a 1 karat ring plus the engagement ime period. Now I am not a fan of this theory. I believe that this theory either promotes pre mature marriages, or it places a man into a position that he may not be able to afford.

another calculation is that traditionally the ring should cost about 2 months of the grooms salary. With inflation, lol, and the high demand of bling bling jewelry, that number has conveniently increased in favor of women to 3 months.

I am going to hold firm to my belief that I plan to buy something that represents me as a man, and the love that I feel for this woman. I will not allow any crazy ideas of fancy to dictate the ways in which I choose the ring for my loved one.

1 Comments:

Blogger Blog Admin said...

what, that topic is tight. i like your theory, but i must warn you that Karats say a lot, but we must be careful not to allow capitalism to interfere with whats important. Think of the rocks that Jennifer Anniston, Angelina Joie, Vanessa Bryant, Ivanna Trump and even Brandy must have had.

But from the pure matter of maternity decorum, the measure is not from karat size but from a salary size. Traditionally the ring should cost between 3 and 4 months of one's salary.

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home